KBMO Properties is a dynamic company dedicated to giving clients, property buyers, tenants, landlords, and sellers a competitive advantage in the marketplace, with our unique property solutions and marketing strategy, we can attract more prospective purchasers and tenants for property sellers and landlords.
The primary purpose of the company is driving a comprehensive range of property services across various real estate sectors - real estate investments, residential and commercial sales, development sales, acquisitions and rentals, property advisory services and to offer efficient and value-added property management services.
KBMO Properties is the realisation of a childhood dream of the founder and Life President, Karabo Modipane, who started the company in 2012 and remains active in the real estate industry to this day.
Opening its first office in Pretoria, Gauteng, the organization has since evolved with offices in four provinces across South Africa.
KBMO Properties, is a business, where ethics and values are an integral part of the company's DNA.
KBMO Properties was founded in 2012 and is a 100% black-owned and managed, small-medium independent property services company registered in Southern Africa. The leadership position of the company is even more dominant in the elite residential property sector and is affiliated with the following bodies:
- Estate Agency Affairs Board now the PPRA
- National Association of Managing Agents (NAMA)
- Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB)
- National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC)
- Community Schemes Ombudsman Service
- Accredited as Executive Managing Agent
- Institute of Plumbing SA
- Electrical Contractors Association
- South African Council of Property Valuers
Why KBMO Properties
KBMO Properties is seen as one of South Africa’s premier estate agencies, built on a solid foundation and core values, and a desire to not just serve our clients well, but to become their lifelong property counsellors by delivering truly memorable services – the promise of a “sense of home”.
Our team of dedicated property professionals are specialists armed with the widest array of marketing solutions and trained to guide you through the maze of purchasing, selling or letting property from start to finish and beyond. We have a unique team of property experts as well as experts in the field of electrical engineering, plumbing and structural engineers, including HVAC specialists, should the need arise for an expert option during your residential or commercial purchasing and leasing journey.
We strive to provide all existing and future clients with the best service, including a touch of an Afro metro marketing approach which is largely driven by digital media, hence we lead, and they follow...
We provide a comprehensive range of residential and commercial property services, whilst upholding our culture of excellence, value for money and integrity.
Becoming the leading real estate company in Africa.
As a dynamic company we believe that in all we do, we are committed to excellence and therefore constantly challenge the status quo, to ensure we remain dedicated to giving all our clients a competitive advantage in the marketplace, with our unique solutions we attract more prospective purchasers and tenants, for our sellers and landlords, to ensure they receive unparalleled service and the highest possible value with the least inconvenience.
To seek, capitalize and deliver innovative solutions for the client and property investor
• To seek and acquire high- income generating fixed commercial and residential assets
• To explore and revitalize low- income under-developed properties.
• To execute honest and high- standard property valuations
Key Performance Areas
- ESTATE AGENCY (RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL SALES)
- FACILITIES MANAGEMENT (ADMINISTRATION & MANAGEMENT)
- INVESTMENTS & DEVELOPMENTS (ASSET GROWTH & FINANCING)
- LEASING & VALUATIONS
- PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
Residential and Commercial Sales
We draw on a decade of experience, using our unique marketing channels and leveraging our clients to access the local market in order to attract discerning buyers for your property, endlessly going the extra mile and staying in touch after the sale is made.
Each of our properties is professionally marketed via our Marketing strategy. The marketing strategy will be specific to each property and will include a mix of the following products and services: -
- Advertising via local property portfolios
- Placement on our website plus industry portals
- Media coverage via our respected public relations team
- Social media channels that allow us to reach thousands of people on a weekly basis
Leasing and Valuations
Successfully managing property to let means both the landlord and tenant are happy. An intuitive approach is followed, continuously going the extra mile and staying in touch.
Letting a home
Our team are experts in the following landlord services:
- Identifying potential tenants via the channels we use to market our homes for sale and rent
- Screening possible tenants for suitability - including credit reference checks, confirmation of employment and checking references with previous landlords
- Negotiating the lease - including all relevant legal requirements, ensuring adequate coverage and administration of utilities, where applicable
- Informing/advising you of all possible insurance cover required for a tenanted property
- Alerting you to obtain the bondholder's consent and other necessary authorities required in respect of letting the property
Renting a home
Our team can assist you as follows:
- We assist you in finding and securing the property which best matches your needs by shortlisting properties which you can view before making your decision
- Our agents are experts in the communities they service, they will advise you about the attributes of different areas you may be searching in, in terms of schools, shopping centres, doctors, entertainment facilities, etc.
- Arranging the legal contracts and compliance once a rental property have been selected
- We will advise the landlord of any serious defects in the property which need to be remedied
- On an ongoing basis, we arrange for necessary quotations in respect of maintenance and repairs to the property. We also oversee and sign off on these when the landlord has opted to utilize our property management services
- In the case of premature lease cancellation, we will liaise with you, the tenant, and the landlord to mitigate possible damages suffered by both parties
- We will also conduct exit inspections to identify any damages caused to the premises, and settling these from your deposit, with due consultation
KBMO Properties specializes in residential, industrial, agricultural, and commercial property valuations which are carried out by independent professional property valuers. Our dedicated team of valuers are registered with the South African Council for the Property Valuers Profession and ensures compliance with the Property Valuers Profession Act No. 47 of 2000. The team comprises of professionals from various trades within the property sector ensuring that we provide a well-motivated, objective and comprehensive report that meets all your property valuation needs.
Property and Facilities Management
We provide a holistic service from the marketing of vacant space, advertising, contract administration, rent collection, and continuous care and maintenance. Our organization is registered with the NHBRC and CIDB and is responsible for the maintenance and construction work. Our services include -
• Advertising of vacant premises
• Credit checks, reference confirmation, and screening of tenants
• Preparation of lease agreements
• Collection of deposits and ancillary costs
• Monthly rental collection & statements
• Reviewing and renewal of leases
• Property inspections
• Tenant deposit trust
• Building inspection and proposal for the maintenance costs
• General maintenance through contractors
• Engagement or discharge of cleaners and/or caretakers
• Reading and billing of electrical / water sub-meters
VALUE ADDED SERVICES
• Legal action on defaulting tenants on behalf of the client
• On-site security at premises
• Insurance broking
• Sectional title body corporate management
• Residential property management
• Monthly rentals and recoveries
• Apportionment of municipal charges and recoveries thereof
• Credit control measures
• Rent roll and statements
• Income and expenditure accounts
• Electronic payment to client’s bank account
• VAT returns
• Payment of client accounts
• Payment of levies
• Monthly report on status of property (optional)
• Electronic access to all financial information
• Advice on market trends, rental and economic indicators
• Revival software for property management, accounting and reporting
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
KBMO Properties is passionate about empowering previously disadvantaged pupils and is actively sourcing ways in which it can give back to the community in terms of promoting sustainable creation of employment, particularly for unskilled groups such as women and the youth. KBMO Properties is playing a significate role in supporting and uplifting of the Banareng Ba Sekororo Communities, Bushbuckridge and Matibidi communities. KBMO Properties has previously provided bursaries and leadership to the previously disadvantaged and orphaned.
INVESTMENTS AND DEVELOPMENTS
• Feasibility and viability studies
• Market research and marketing strategy
• Town planning and environmental impact assessments
• Financial modelling
• Legal framework and documentation
• Architectural guidelines and modelling
• End-user finance
Management and Ownership
Karabo Modipane – Director
BSc Computer Science, BSc (Hons) Computer Science, CISA, MBA, National Certificate in Real Estate Karabo is the founding member of KBMO Properties and is responsible for providing overall leadership in the company. He has extensive experience in the property sector and continuously develops himself through various training and courses offered by the EAAB to ensure he is up to date with the latest developments.
Membership and Affiliations of KBMO Properties
• Registered Candidate Valuer with the SA Council of Property Valuers Profession
• Member of the SA Institute of Valuers (SAIV) • Member of SA Facilities Management Association (SAFMA)
• Member of the SA Institute of Estate Agents (IEA)
• Registered Principal Estate Agent with the Estate Agents and Affairs Board (EAAB)
• Member of SAPOA (SA Property Owners Association)
• Member of SAIBPP (SA Institute of Black Property Practitioners)
• Registered Professional Engineer with the Engineering Council of SA (ECSA)
Experience and Projects Executed
As part of its property services, KBMO Properties has previously executed the following services and projects:
• Sale of residential and commercial properties
• Property management for residential and commercial properties
• General building maintenance of commercial properties
• Cleaning of residential properties
• Repairs of municipal roads and plant hire
• Paving of commercial and residential properties
Key Note Sales and Experience
|AVERAGE UNIT PRICE (R)
|TOTAL VALUE (R)
|R6 500 000,00
|R91 000 000,00
|Blue Valley/Valley view
|R5 200 000,00
|R223 600 000,00
|Jazzberry Gardens Boksburg
|R40 040 000,00
|Serala View and Flora Park
|R31 200 000,00
|White River, Nelspruit and AH
|R4 000 000,00
|R36 000 000,00
|Rusterburg and Brits Estate
|R18 900 000,00
View our full Company Profile here